Monday, January 24, 2011

Here and There or... Everywhere?

I find myself coming upon the end of a season and starting a whole new one. While part of me, the larger part of me, is thrilled and ready to end one season and step into a new one, there's this other part of me that doesn't quite want anything to change yet. And sometimes this part feels like the larger one...how can they both be the larger parts?

I am currently commuting back and forth between Fort Worth and Tulsa. When I'm in Tulsa, I call Fort Worth home, and home it truly is. But just the other day I referred to Tulsa as home and then caught myself..."No, Tulsa is NOT home." But it got me to thinking...
While I would say my heart is in Texas with my family and a boy I'm quite fond of, a huge piece of my heart has been given to the city of Tulsa, Oklahoma, for 4 years. I've made most of my life friends in Tulsa, I've laughed hardest in Tulsa with those friends, I've shed innumerable tears in Tulsa, I've fallen in love in Tulsa, and I've chosen my career path while living in Tulsa. All that to say... maybe as cliche as it sounds, "home is where the heart is."

As I look forward to the next season, it's hard to push forward because I have a couple homes and the thought of moving out of one of them... well, it's hard. But the good news is, there's a new home wherever the road leads.

Home may be here.
Home may be there.
But I really think home could be everywhere.

As Mumford and Sons so beautifully states, "where you invest your love, you invest your life."
Home is where you invest your love.
So the name of a city really has nothing to do with it... home is where the heart is.

No comments:

Post a Comment